ArabCrunch DEMO 09 – Amman, Jordan (February 23rd 2009)
ArabCrunch and DART, the student entrepreneurship society at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), which is one of the major programs at the of Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship (QRCE), are organizing the 1st ArabCrunch DEMO event in Amman, Jordan on February 23rd at the Friendship auditorium of Princess Sumaya University for Technology.
The event, which the organizers hope to make into a regular one, aims to be a launchpad for emerging technologies in the Arab world. The event will also include keynotes from top regional and world class technology and e-marketing experts, and will be followed by a networking reception.
This edition of the event will give the chance to five Arab startups to present their products and services:
- Ishki, a Web 2.0 portal that aims to be the first Arab complaints platform. (Jordan)
- MailPacks, an auto responder system. (Jordan)
- Adhere, from Citex Software, an open-source mobile advertising platform. (Egypt)
- weNear, from eSpace, a location-based framework that connects people’s Interest. (Egypt)
- Al-Khawarizmy, who have developed new Arabic search algorithms and solutions. (Egypt)
The keynote speakers at the event will be:
- Sumaya Kazi, Senior Social Media Manager at Sun Microsystems and founder of The CulturalConnect.
- Khaled Jabasini, the Founder and CEO of E-Marketing MENA, a leading digital Media consultancy in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Herve Cuviliez, the Managing Director of KuvCapital, a leading Pan-Arab and European seed investment venture capital firm.
Attendance will be free of charge, with previous preapproval. Registration can be done online by visiting the event’s website: ArabCrunch Demo 09.