Online Media Creativity Workshop – Amman, Jordan (18-22 May)
The free workshop will be held from the 18th till the 22nd of May 2009 at the SAE Institute, for four hours daily from 1:00 pm till 5:00 pm, during which both theoretical and practical instruction will be offered.
Joi Ito, CEO of Creative Commons, is going to conduct the workshop, which is developed in cooperation with Royal Film Commission of Jordan.
The workshop is the first of its kind in the Arab world, and will be dealing with issues like how to produce and distribute an audiovisual with the help of social media and networks. It is open to all Arabs of all nationalities and countries (they just have to make it to Jordan).
This step comes to try and open the field of cinema and traditional audiovisual production to new media and try to understand how creativity could be improved through peer-production and network distribution by using open licenses such as Creative Commons.
Participants will benefit from Joichi Ito’s extensive media expertise in:
- Acquiring knowledge on the major changes occurring in the audiovisual field with the advent of digital media.
- Acquiring necessary technical skills to start producing and distributing one’s own digital media.
- Enabling young Arabs to professionally produce online content and share it with the rest of the world.
To apply, you should email the following to email@example.com:
- A personal resume, indicating any relevant previous experience.
- A cover letter indicating, in at least 100 words, the reason for applying.
- Clearly including your name, email and telephone number.
Deadline for submission is Tuesday 12th of May 2009.
For more information, you can contact the Royal Film Commission on: +962 6 461 3835 Ext. 101